Vacancy - Jamaica Cricket Association
JOB TITLE: Technical Director, Jamaica Cricket Association
- Develop contemporary educational and training modules for players, coaches, administrators, curators and umpires designed to improve the game.
- Help to coordinate Cricket participation programs throughout Jamaica.
- Support the efforts by Jamaica’s clubs, parishes and other stakeholders to improve cricket.
- Provide technical levels of assistance as and when required by players, coaches and umpires leading to development of these groups to world class status.
- A vast experience in all disciplines of cricket. Previous experience playing and/or coaching at the 1st Class level is a definite advantage.
- At least 5 years experience at a similar position or has been involved as a National Coach at least at the first class level.
- Minimum Level 3 Cricket Coaching Certificate or Equivalent from an ICC Recognized Coaching Program.
- Well-developed analytical skills and sound judgement.
- Good project management skills.
- Good human relation management skills.
- Good ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Expert knowledge of developing Cricketers.
- Required to work beyond normal hours from time to time.
- Required to travel to various locations (potential project sites).
- Relate to the coaching management teams at the West Indies Board on pertinent coaching and player development issues
Chief Executive Officer
NATURE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Carries out the directives of the Board with minimum supervision.
(a) Exercises Functional Authority
(b) Receives Functional Authority
All Units within the Jamaica Cricket Association (JCA)
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) Cricket Development Unit
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate development activities aimed at improving the levels of the game in Jamaica, i.e. levels of coaches, umpires, players.
- Identify and assess emerging talents and develop programs to realize these potentials, especially for age groups 10 and up.
- Prepare proposals/technical documents such as new plans, coaching clinics and training curriculum for the School of Excellence.
- Assist in developing relevant databases used to improve the analysis of performances.
- Sit with all National Selection Committees as a full member.
- Review and select players for coaching clinics.
- Appoint coaches and trainers to work with the National Teams.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board.
- Offer technical advice on all aspects of cricket.
- Appoint coach’s for some coaching positions
The job is satisfactorily performed when:
Players, coaches and umpires improve to levels stated in the Strategic Plan and beyond.
Review process accepts that objectives have been satisfied.