Morgan, Kirby push Moosai toward TTWCA title
Trinidad Express article.
Port of Spain, Trinidad - Stellar all-round performances from Jodi-Ann Morgan and Lee-Ann Kirby pushed Moosai Ladies to the brink of claiming the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s Cricket Association (TTWCA) League 40-over Premiership title last weekend.
At Honeymoon Park, Tacarigua, Moosai earned a whopping 251-run victory over MAAAD Rangers.
When Moosai batted first, Morgan led the way with 103, and then supported skipper Kirby with the ball as the duo ripped through their opponents’ batting.
Kirby took six wickets for five runs, and Morgan conceded no runs for her two wickets as Moosai dismissed Rangers for 31. Morgan was both player of the match and Premiership Player of the Round.
With the bat, Kirby stroked 49 runs, while former West Indies player Kirbyina Alexander (49 not out) also missed out on a half century.
The other match saw Cricket Lovers leapfrog Technocrats into second on net run rate after securing a six-run win at Pinto Road Recreation Ground in Santa Rosa.
Cricket Lovers posted 186 for eight in 36 overs on the back of Jovanka Simon’s even 50, then dismissed Technocrats for 180 in 32.4 overs despite Gaitri Seetahal’s 57.
Sarah Charles was Player-of-the-Match with three wickets and 22 runs for Cricket Lovers.
• At Honeymoon Park—Moosai Sports Club 282/4 in 34 overs (Jodi-Ann Morgan 103, Kirbyina Alexander 49 n.o., Lee-Ann Kirby 49) vs MAAAD Rangers 31 all out (Melissa Sandy 17; Lee-Ann Kirby 6/5, Jodi-Ann Morgan 2/0)
—Moosai Sports won by 251 runs
• At Pinto Road Recreation Ground—Cricket Lovers 186/8 in 36 overs (Jovanka Simon 50, J Charles 32 n.o., Natalie Ninah 22, Sarah Charles 22; Crystal Hanslal 3/43, Gaitri Seetahal 2/44, Ranisha Boodoo 2/34) vs Technocrats 180 all out in 32.4 overs (Gaitri Seetahal 57, Selene O’Neil 55; Pauline Dufeal 3/25, Sarah Charles 3/14)
—Cricket Lovers won by six runs.
• At Fyzabad Secondary—South West United 129/5 in 32 overs (Cindy Bridgelal 34 n.o., Onika Alexander 17, Sacha Seepersad 13; Olisha Bolah 2/19) vs San Rafael Ladies 130/8 in 29 overs (Christine Bolah 36, Sylvie Bolah 22, Khadijah Rahim 12; Shanmantie Nowrang 4/22, Reshmee Deowajit 3/28)
—San Rafael Ladies won by two wickets
• At UWI SPEC—UWI vs Achievers
—Match abandoned due to rain.
• At Sancho Road—Players Sports Club vs West Side Giants
—Players Sports won by default.