Decisions from Directors meeting
WICB Media Release.
Basseterre, St Kitts – Under the chairmanship of President Whycliffe ‘Dave’ Cameron, the Board of Directors of the West Indies Cricket Board convened its final meeting for 2013 at the Marriott Hotel in St Kitts on Saturday December 7th.
Following are the major decisions taken and issues addressed at the meeting:
1. The Board appointed two new directors – Mr. Billy Heaven and Dr. Donovan Bennett. Mr. Heaven and Dr. Bennett were recently elected President and Vice President respectively of the Jamaica Cricket Association.
2. The Board received a presentation from newly appointed Director of Cricket Mr. Richard Pybus. Mr. Pybus’ presentation concentrated on the historical context of West Indies player production and where the system currently is. He will be implementing a system review from feeder systems at grassroots level all the way through First Class cricket to the international side. It will include an overall plan for development and school’s cricket through to the West Indies senior team.
3. The Board approved a training programme for Umpires and Match Referees.
4. The Board received an update on progress of the West Indies Retired Players Foundation.
5. The Board approved the draft schedule for the WICB Super50 Tournament. Full schedule to be released subsequently.
6. The Board was advised that the WICB has secured a major sponsor for the WICB Regional Super50. Full details to be announced subsequently following contractual formalities.
7. The Board took a decision to extend a special invitation to the Combined Campuses Colleges to participate in the 2014 edition of the WICB Super50 Tournament. The six territorial teams – Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Leeward Islands, Trinidad and Tobago and Windward Islands – will participate in the tournament along with Ireland and the CCC. The teams will compete for the Clive Lloyd Trophy.
8. The Board approved a draft schedule for the Regional 4 Day Tournament and also approved a decision to play seven day/night matches. Full schedule to be released subsequently.
9. President Whycliffe ‘Dave’ Cameron advised the Board of the ICC decision to play an international Women’s Championship. The board approved the request from the ICC to participate in the International Women's Championship.
WICB Media Release.